What is the Advanced Placement (AP) Program?
- Nationally-recognized program operated by the College Board Courses offer high level of academic challenge
- Opportunity for high school students to enroll in college-level courses
- Rigorous program with standardized national exams
Why enroll in an AP Course?
- Challenging and interesting curriculum
- College preparation
- Possible college credit
- Recognition in the college admission process
Current AP Course Offering at K12 International Academy
Two semester courses:
AP Art History
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP English Language and Composition
AP English Literature and Composition
AP Environmental Science
AP European History
AP French Language and Culture
AP Physics B
AP Spanish Language
AP U.S. History
AP World History
One semester courses:
AP U.S. Government and Politics
AP Exam Information
The AP Exams are offered every May and test students’ mastery of the AP coursework. Students can earn scores ranging from 1 to 5 and depending upon their scores, can earn college credit depending on the college or university policies. Our overall average score in 2014 on the AP Exam was 3.53, when the national average was 2.99.
AP Exam Preparation
For most K12 AP courses, AP Exam Reviews are available.
- AP Exam Reviews help prepare students for AP Exams in May.
- These reviews are offered free of charge.
- Using a diagnostic tool, AP Exam Reviews push students through material rapidly, in order to focus on topics where students need the most help.